Entertainment Reporter, “Power Journalist” Markos Papadatos gives us his top 4 picks for Greek restaurants in Queens and Long Island.
Greek restaurants in Queens and Long Island
I live in New York, and my family and I frequent many Greek restaurants in Queens and Long Island. I’d like to share with you some of my top picks. I love going to these restaurants and will continue to return again and again. I wanted to tell you about these great places, so if you’re ever in the area you know where to go. These are my opinions only.
OK, drum roll please… here we go…
Markos’ Top 4 Greek restaurants in Queens and Long Island
- GreeKrave is a gem in Deerk Park, Long Island. It is the Greek version of Chipotle. They’re philosophy is simple: “Eat Greek, Live Long.” I reviewed it here last year. Check it out! Put Long Island’s GreeKrave on your list
- Kalamaki is one of the best Greek restaurants in Queens. Recognized in the 2015 Best of the Boro awards by The Queens Courier, Kalamaki was named “Best Greek Restaurant” and “Best Gyro”, and rightfully so.
- Maria’s Mediterranean Seafood & Grill is the top-notch Greek restaurant on Bell Boulevard in Bayside, NY, which is the epitome of “homemade Greek food.”
- Neraki Greek Meditteranean Grill is definitely one of the best Greek restaurants on Long Island. It won “Best Greek Restaurant” for two years in a row by the “Best of Long Island” Press in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Most recently, Neraki celebrated its five year anniversary, and hopefully, many more to come.
These are just my top picks in Queens and Long Island — there are many options in New York! Have you tried these Greek restaurants? What are your favorites? Tell us below in the comments. We’d love to know your faves, too. ΚΑΛΗ ΟΡΕΞΗ!
Latest posts by Markos Papadatos (see all)
- Maria Petridis Crowned ‘Chopped’ Champion on Food Network Show - January 11, 2017
- Top 4 Greek restaurants in Queens and Long Island - October 25, 2016
- Criss Angel Talks ‘Mindfreak’, Big Announcement - June 15, 2016