PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation introduces the #ALUMNICHALLENGE 2018. Be a part of it! [sponsored]
PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation kicks off #ALUMNICHALLENGE
The Junior Board of the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation(PHSF) invites all previous scholarship recipients to join more than 400 alumni to raise a $10,000 scholarship. Called the #ALUMNICHALLENGE, PHSF Alumni can pay it forward, and help a current college student.
How it works
Click here and accept the challenge. Select #ALUMNICHALLENGE in the dropdown menu. Make your donation. You decide how much. You will receive an emailed confirmation of your donation.
Make a check payable to PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation and mail to: PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation, 17 N. Wabash Avenue, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60602. Write #ALUMNICHALLENGE in the memo. You will receive a receipt via regular mail.
Just think – if each PanHellenic Alum gave $25, they could collectively award a $10,000 scholarship to a well-deserving student!
Need more convincing? Listen to PHSF Gala MCs Trish Christakes and Pete Zervakis talk about #ALUMNICHALLENGE.
Alumni! Take it a step further
Here are a couple of ways:
- Head over to your social media accounts and tell everyone why you took the #ALUMNICHALLENGE. Help spread the word!
- Record your own #ALUMNICHALLENGE video and post on social media.
Here are some tips:
- Lighting – Make sure you record in a well-lit area
- Sound – Make sure there are no distracting sounds around you
- Camera – Set up your phone on a tripod, stack of books, or selfie stick so its steady
- Angle – Make sure you shoot in landscape mode
- Smile & Relax – Make your message a genuine one. Talk about the impact of the scholarship you received – what it meant to you and/or how it affected your education. Did it give you a deeper meaning about Hellenic values? Let us know. Group videos are also encouraged!
Don’t forget to end your posts and videos with the hashtags:
#IAMPANHELLENIC & I take the #ALUMNICHALLENGE
About the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation
Founded in 1998 by the late entrepreneur and philanthropist Chris Tomaras, The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes education by providing scholarships to undergraduates of Hellenic descent. Through its signature scholarship program, the Foundation recognizes the “best and brightest” Greek-American undergraduates who, guided by Hellenic values, have the potential to become life-long achievers, future leaders, and to contribute meaningfully to the Hellenic community. The Foundation supports the efforts of these exceptional students with significant monetary awards based on academic merit and financial need.
Each year, PHSF awards $250,000 in scholarships to deserving students. The scholarships are given at two levels: twenty (20) awards of $10,000 each are offered based on academic achievement and financial need, and twenty (20) awards of $2,500 each are offered based solely on academic achievement. To date, the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation has awarded $2.75 million in scholarships to 408 college students. These awards are used to pay for university educational expenses like tuition, room and board, and books.
More from PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation: